Another wet start, but slowly 6 riders turned up, 2 even cycled to the start and one had a single speed rigid bike for the experience! We headed off north and took a lane to avoid the main road to get us to the bridgeway opposite the Lyth Valley Hotel, on the way someone was cutting hedgerows and leaving a nice collection of thorns, I duly collected 2 in my front tyre but as the tyre was still up I just carried on riding figuring I would change the tube at some point. Then we took the usual anti-clockwise route up the bridgeway, round fellside plantation down along to Fell Edge and to the road south to Low Wood. Up the muddy/stony track towards Witherslack Hall Farm and then south to Yewbarrow for the downhill through the woods = joy!
Heading back through the village and Buckhouse Wood for another great decent in the darkness and down to the lane and back to Gilpin Inn for a pile of chips and time to chat about where the summer had gone!
PS: The tyre stayed up and the thorns were removed back in my garage, I now have an extra 2 patches on my iner tube!
No comments:
Post a Comment