Jim says "Another excellent turnout with nine there for the ride. If Chris and Jamie had been there as usual, I think it would have been a winter record.
We are clearly in the 'Pre Club Annual Awards Silly Season' with the usual suspects making a concerted effort to walk away with the prizes. Paul obviously has his heart set on the 'What will I be like when I'm old?' award by forgetting his light battery. When added to his other efforts in forgetting parts of his brakes and his mtb shoes, it all makes for a very strong challenge. But will it be enough to snatch victory away from Grant who showed up at Elterwater a few months ago without his whole bike? Only the judges can decide.
As for the riding, well, the Cartmel area is definitely 'agricultural'. Why they alllow cows to use bridleways I have no idea. It was also good to see the locals taking an interest in what we were doing from time to time. Perhaps they will get a bike and come out and join us instead of just curtain twitching. Thank goodness George had organised for it to be dry fora week before hand and partially frozen on the night, but I still have plenty of 'spin-off's from the rural economy all over my frame."
Cheers Jim and I believe the score is: punctures 1 Jim 0, role on the next ride, Thursday 2 February at Gilpin Bridge Inn for 6.45pm.
1 comment:
I have just been out to the garage.
It turns out it was Punctures 2, Jim 0
Post a Comment