Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sunday 17th September 2006 - Grisedale Challenge


6 of us turned up at the Grisedale Mountain Bike Challenge and 5 of us had entries, Ian just cruised round some of the course! The idea is to challenge yourself not so much a race as it's a mass start, there were 602 entires and in the end 482 finished within the time limit. The route was about 32 miles and included the North Face trail as the last section, which was good although the rocks and boardwalks were slippy, but that's MTB'ing in Cumbrian weather.
Check out the web site at GMBC.co.uk or look at the photos at http://www.mountain-bike-cumbria.co.uk/photography/gmbc2006/index.html cheers Jamie.
For the record Harry came 13th in the juniors (3 hr 13) , Ed came 33rd in the vets (3hr 20) and I came 73rd, Jamie (on a hard-tail) came 81st in the seniors (3 hr 09) and Trevor came 175th in the seniors (3 hr 46, but he should be with the rest of us in the vets???) but we all had a good time, someone was heard to say it needed more miles but I was quite happy to get round in 3 hours and 45 minutes thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have sold many of the photos from Mountain Bike Cumbria, but will I race it this your or take more photos?