This web diary is for the riders associated with RADS, a group of like minded folk who like to enjoy mountain biking through byways and bridleways of south lakeland and beyond. Please feel free to post comments as you see fit, enjoy the site. Remember if you want to follow these routes, use a map for reference.
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
11th October 2007 - Ings for Garburn
5 trusty soles eventually turned up, but not before George and I had decided the route, that being clockwise, so that we could hopefully exercise our demons from last year, when we both crashed out! So we set off and worked out way up past Dubbs, after passing a 4x4 who seemed unnerved by a bunch of MTBers? this route does involve a gentle amount of climbing to start leading onto much steeper climbing up the Garburn road, so much so that a few of us dabbed occasionally and even stopped for breath, on account of the view you understand! We had a cake break near the top at a convenient stopping point, cheers George, although I blame the excessive cake intake for not cleaning the downhill on the way down!!! After the top look out for the boulders and enjoy the downhill, I had a couple of dabs, but could hear Grant whooping his way down the Garburn pass and onto Crabtree Brow, but maybe it was his joy at having his lights working! After the descent we went round to Kentmere Hall and up the track to Mickle Moss, we went through a few gates and worked our way back, I lost the others at the fork and decided to go left to test the track past Hugill Hall, but no one was to be seem so I pressed on, down past the old farm and on to the rocky singletrack, still no sign so I headed back to the cars....where I found the others, all except Jamie, who had gone back up, apparently they all shot down past St. Anns farm as it was quicker, so Jamie ended up going back up the track and did the circuit I did past the old farm, where he heard the barking dogs and wondered if I'd been eaten, but no (not enough meat!) so we all regrouped eventually, next time we must all pay attention to the pre-ride briefing, so turn up early! Garburn is always fun, you just need to warm up!! Next ride is Elterwater.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment