Friday, April 08, 2011

7th April 2011 - secret rides...

This ride was so secret nobody could find out about it....! but RADs riders were out riding, admittedly one was in Ireland getting 80 miles in and another was in Majorca, but hey RADs keeps rolling on or off-road!
Actualy Neil did do a local ride "Last night I am proud to report that RADS maintained the tradition of a Thursday night ride, admittedly only one RADS rider did it, but hey it's quality that counts and not quantity.

Brief details of the route - I set off from Coniston on the road towards the Coppermines, onto the newish track alongside the A593 and onto High Tilberthwaite, down towards the ford and right before it up to Stang End, then up towards Hodge Close and turn to High Oxon Fell and Low Oxen Fell to get the descent through the wood at Tongue Intake Plantation, right at the bottom and right on the road to then go briefly onto the A593, up the climb to get to Iron Keld, cut through east of Tarn Hows, bonus loop to get onto the Golden Mile, to come out at the bottom of Hawkeshead Hill and back to Coniston.

To see the route check out this link to GPS of route - http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/map#NeilH/Mountain-Biking/Coniston/Biketreks-RADS/152956/full

It was a lovely clear night, and you may have been worried about me being out on my own at night. I was fortunate that although I was the only RADS rider I was not lonely, as I seemed to have 11 other riders around me, or maybe following me, or maybe I was following them, anyway one way or another the riders from the Biketreks Thursday night ride and I finished off doing the same ride, and also finished up having a drink in the same pub afterwards."

Next week we are at Gilpin Bridge Inn to ride and get a meal in.

Diary dates:
Sam Houghton Mountain Bike Challenge: Saturday 11th June, can enter as a team, pair or solo.

LE TOUR DE STAVELY 2011: A social road ride on Saturday 9th July from 3.30pm, come and join us.

No comments: