Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wednesday 12th September 2012 - "Tour of Britain", Old Hutton

"Bad" ass registration on this Merc'
Umbrella competition! note Team Sky car
Police STOP
Breakaway group
Team Sky feed zone, I wonder if the food has a blue stripe....?
Cav' in front of peleton
Wiggo flashing past (nearside left of photo)
A few of us met us near Old Hutton and Old Town to see some cyclists cycle past! Charlie and I cycled out in waterproofs and met Jamie at the feed zone just before Old Town, I believe Neil and family were also out on the road somewhere, Ian should have been in KL and Jim was aiming to be around Kirkby Lonsdale for some photo opportunity. There were quite a few folk around some in cars and some on bikes, some of the team support crews were commenting on British weather in late summer ;). There was a breakaway about 5 minutes in front and when the peleton came past Cav' was in front and team Sky near the front aiming to chase down the breakaway before the flat approach to Blackpool for a sprint finish for Cav' I only have a few photos but they will give a taste. Enjoy the tour.

No comments: