Then down and round to Newby Bridge trying to keep to the back lanes, then Hazelrigg lane and past Seatle, then Newton fell over to Witherslack, now it was dark and the chain decided to split, so one side of the chain link came apart, unfortunately with no chain tool and no phone reception I just carried on very carefully for the next 8 odd miles, luckily I managed to nurse it home, but that did take 1 hour, so home by 11pm, 48 miles, 4 hours cycle time and I still had to fix the chain before an early start the next morning to ride back to work! But it was worth it to get a fine evening and another great bike experience!
![]() |
| Langdales |
![]() |
| The Pikes |
![]() |
| Blea tarn |
![]() |
| Bike on Coniston water, east shore |
![]() |
| Coniston beach, all to myself |
![]() |
| A little further down the water and the sun is setting |
![]() |
| Nice :) |
![]() |
| Moon, it's now getting dark! |
So the mountain bikers...not sure what they got up to, perhaps we will here some more, watch this space...
Next ride Barbon








3 comments:
Might now be a good time to suggest you carry a quick link with you?
Yes except it was the chain tool I needed ;)
Post a Comment