4 made it out: Grant, Ian, Jamie and Joel; Ian lead a route out west, not Walna scar route, so ask Ian for route advice and Joel may add some words later (* his comments see below), but a good hot ride apparently. Next ride is Hartsop.
Joel continues...Looking at the map we started the normal route towards Walna Scar but then crossed over at Natty Bridge, then descended back down on the other side of the river. I could be wrong as this was Ian's route and I was following a long way behind! I think we then headed up and along the valley from Stephenson Ground (watch out for the dead sheep in the middle of the path, you could smell it before we saw it and it was a warm evening) then across Long Mire, then back along Park Head Road. Most of us forked left before you meet the road, I forked left eventually after seeing Jamie and everyone else disappeared towards Stainton Ground. then round Ravens Crag, past Whinscars, Jackson Ground, over Long Mire Beck, past the dead sheep again somewhere on the descent before heading back through the forest and back to the cars. No hanging about as we were all being eaten alive by the midges.
1 comment:
Looking at the map we started the normal route towards Walna Scar but then crossed over at Natty Bridge, then descended back down on the other side of the river. I could be wrong as this was Ian's route and I was following a long way behind! I think we then headed up and along the valley from Stephenson Ground (watch out for the dead sheep in the middle of the path, you could smell it before we saw it and it was a warm evening) then across Long Mire, then back along Park Head Road. Most of us forked left before you meet the road, I forked left eventually after seeing Jamie and everyone else disappeared towards Stainton Ground. then round Ravens Crag, past Whinscars, Jackson Ground, over Long Mire Beck, past the dead sheep again somewhere on the descent before heading back through the forest and back to the cars. No hanging about as we were all being eaten alive by the midges.
Post a Comment